- Athletic Training Program
- Middle School Sports Program
- Potomac Valley Athletic Conference
- Meet the Athletic Director
Athletic Training Staff
Jessica Matula, ATC
Head Athletic Trainer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A certified athletic trainer is on staff and present during practices and home matches to help prevent and treat injuries.
Each athlete has the ability to be
ImPACT concussion tested to provide a baseline should a head injury occur.
CESJDS is also unique in that our students enrolled in the Sports Medicine class serve as team trainers during the season.
Students gain experiential education while learning to prevent, recognize, manage and rehabilitate injuries related to sport. They learn advanced taping, wrapping, bracing/splinting and injury
Required forms for athletic participation can be accessed through Magnus.
The CESJDS athletic program is unique in that we offer a completely separate Middle School sports program. Middle School students in grades 6-8 have their own teams for:
- Cross country
- Track & Field
Middle School students are also able to compete on the Varsity golf, dance, swimming and tennis teams.
Students in this age range at many similar independent schools must compete on Junior Varsity and Varsity teams. Having a separate program for these students allows for expanded opportunities for playing time and skill development.
CESJDS teams compete in the Potomac Valley Athletic Conference (PVAC), a group of independent schools in the Washington Metro area for interscholastic athletics. Other members schools include:
- Covenant Life
- Edmund Burke School
- Field School
- Grace Brethren
- Oakcrest School
- Sandy Spring Friends School
- Spencerville Adventist Academy
- St. Anselm's Abbey School
- Melvin J. Berman Hebrew Academy
- Washington Christian Academy
- Washington International School
- Washington Waldorf School
Winter Sports Tryout Information
Boys Middle School Basketball:
- Nov. 12-13 - 4:00-5:30 PM at the Upper School
- Nov. 14 - 4:30-6:00 at the Lower School
Girls Middle School Basketball:
- Nov. 12- 4:30-6:00 PM at the Upper School
- Nov. 13- 4:30-6:00 PM at the Lower School
- Nov. 14 - 4:00-5:30 at the Lower School
- Nov. 10 - 8:00-9:00 PM at Bender JCC
- Nov. 12-14- 4:00-5:30 PM at the Upper School Cafeteria
- Nov. 13- 4:00-5:30 PM at the Upper School
The following sports have already conducted tryouts. Please find coach's contact info below:
Wrestling: Coach Woolery Chuck@igc.org
Girls Varsity Basketball: Coach Silberman BSilberman@cesjds.org