- Hours of Operation
- Drop off/Pick up Information
- Vaccine Requirements
- Continuous Enrollment
Student Drop Off and Pick Up at the Upper School
There are two ways to drop off and pick up students from the Upper School campus: via the Faculty Parking Lot or via the Student/Visitor Parking Lot (see attached map for traffic flow).
When dropping off via the Faculty Parking Lot Carpool Lane, please keep in mind the following:
- Morning drop off should take place on the side closest to the school.
- During afternoon pick up, keep to the right so that the inner lane can be used for cars ready to leave the parking lot.
As part of a neighborhood community, we have an obligation to be respectful of our neighbors. Please take these actions to support our efforts:
- Student drop off/pick up is not allowed on Boiling Brook Parkway. Drivers should refrain from stopping and/or parking on Boiling Brook Parkway.
- Drivers must keep all driveways on Boiling Brook Parkway accessible, free, and clear regardless of traffic conditions.
Student Parking at the Upper School
High School juniors and seniors who will be driving to school and parking in the student parking lot must complete the Student Automobile Registration Form and obtain and display a parking tag on their vehicle. Students can pick up their parking tags from Mrs. Roz Landy, Dean of Students. To view the registration form, you must be logged into the cesjds.org website. The cesjds.org website requires credentials and will be available to new families the week of July 11.
All new and returning JK-12 families must adhere to the school's vaccine policy for COVID-19 and all state-mandated immunizations.
The COVID-19 vaccine is required for all students age 5 and older by August 15, 2022, as well as the annual flu vaccine by October 31, 2022. As soon as your child turns 5, it is expected that you will start the process of getting them vaccinated for COVID-19 so please schedule your appointments accordingly. Please do not upload vaccine cards until both doses have been completed.
The State of Maryland requires that all immunizations be completed before the child begins school. In addition, children entering school from outside the United States are required to have a tuberculosis skin test (PPD) or TB Screening done in the United States before the start of school. It is advisable to keep a copy of the completed health forms, including the immunization form, for your records.
For questions on bus transportation, contact Mr. Shay HaLevi, Director of Security and Transportation, at email@example.com or 301-692-2161.
Bus transportation registration for the 2022-2023 school year is now open for kindergarten through 12th grade!* View the transportation page for bus routes/stops, fees, and registration information.
Routes are available in Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Kemp Mill, Rockville, Silver Spring, and Washington, D.C. Use the School Bus Route tool on the Registration Page in the Parent Portal to find your bus route and stop number. You must log into the CESJDS website to access the registration form.
Families with two or more CESJDS students receive significant discounts for additional riders.
CESJDS had to make changes this year to ensure an affordable, financially sustainable, and safe transportation program that serves our geographically distributed community during an extraordinary period of escalating costs. We have done our best to address the higher costs by introducing the following changes:
- CESJDS has consolidated bus routes and will be offering group stops only. Bus routes have been carefully created to reach areas where our students live while keeping travel times to a minimum. Pickups and drop-offs at individual homes will not be possible as individual stops add significant time to routes and would more than double the current transportation fees.
- CESJDS will no longer offer bus passes or single ride tickets. There has been insufficient demand and the pass program introduced unpredictability in ridership. For those of you who might want to use the bus for playdate transportation, please be on the lookout for a future communication on how these will be handled.
- CESJDS will no longer offer a Virginia bus route based on insufficient ridership.
We recognize that these changes will have an impact on families and we will do our best to help solve issues that may arise as a result. Please contact Shay HaLevi, Security and Transportation Manager, at 301-692-4819 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
*As a reminder, Gurim students are not eligible for transportation services. MD State Law prohibits Gurim students from riding the school bus.
There are a few ways to find families with whom to set up a carpool to get to your child(ren) to and from school.
- Search the online CESJDS family directory, the Sefer Echad (The All-in-One Book). To view the Sefer Echad, you must be logged into the cesjds.org website. The cesjds.org website requires credentials and will be available to new families the week of July 11. The Sefer Echad is searchable by name and grade. A printable PDF version of the directory is also available and can be searched for street names, city, and zipcodes. Hint: A quick way to access the Sefer Echad is through the CESJDS Connect Mobile App (see Get Connected section on this page to learn more).
- Join JDS Friends, the unofficial Facebook group of the CESJDS community. JDS Friends is a private Facebook group so only members can see who's in the group and what they post.
- Join grade-specific WhatsApp groups. The Parent Association maintains a WhatsApp group for each grade. Contact email@example.com to get the link to join.
We are excited to share that CESJDS is simplifying the re-enrollment process for parents by moving to a new model known as continuous enrollment.
Rather than going online to review, sign, and submit a re-enrollment agreement every February, parents will now sign one continuous enrollment agreement. which will auto-renew annually, all the way through to graduation or until you let us know otherwise.
To learn more about continuous enrollment click here
Wonders provides extended day options for Lower School students. Information for the 2022-2023 School Year will be shared as it becomes available. Please visit the Wonders website for more information.