Learn more about tuition & fees and our tuition assistance program.
Please visit the "FAST Application" tab for information about submitting your tuition assistance application.
Tuition Assistance at CESJDS
Through our close partnership with families, we commit to providing a predictable, dependable, and transparent financial aid process throughout your family's tenure at the school.
The vibrancy of our Jewish future can be assured only by recognizing the unique contribution of every Jewish family to that future. CESJDS recognizes the investment our families make in providing a Jewish day school education for their children.
Our robust tuition assistance program ensures accessibility to a CESJDS education for almost half of our families annually. Our Board of Directors, donors, and the entire community are committed to making a CESJDS education affordable for as many families as possible. The academic diversity of our student body is enhanced by the economic diversity preserved through this program. Every family and every student are equally important to the mission of our school.
We encourage you to explore the information provided here, and to reach out to Megan Guernsey, Enrollment Coordinator at email@example.com or 301-692-4870 with any questions you may have about our tuition assistance program.
Is the tuition assistance program right for me?
Families often ask, “Will I qualify for aid?”
Many are surprised at the depth of our program and the number of families we are able to assist. Please refer to our tuition calculator as a general guide.
See the FAQs tab for answers to more of your questions.
To ensure a smooth processing of your application and avoid unnecessary delays, it is imperative that you complete and submit all applicable parts of the application and submit all required documents online. Please read the parent guide before you begin.
As a service to our families, FAST provides you access to your most recently submitted application in the event you would like to apply to another FAST client school. Just use the FAST link and input the pin number provided in the email you will receive after the application is submitted. If you have questions, please contact the FAST 24-hour helpline at 1-877-326-FAST (3278).
All current tuition assistance families: please complete and submit your online application to FAST no later than December 31, 2019. The School will advise families with timely applications of their tuition assistance decisions on February 14, 2020.
All prospective families: please complete and submit your online application to FAST no later than January 31, 2020. The School will advise families with timely applications of their tuition assistance decisions on March 6, 2020.
December 31, 2019: FAST Applications and tax/supporting documents due for current families.
January 31, 2020: FAST Applications and tax/supporting documents due for prospective families.
February 14, 2020: Current families are notified of Tuition Assistance Awards with their Enrollment Agreement
February 28, 2020: Enrollment contracts due for current families
March 6, 2020: Current families are notified of Tuition Assistance Awards with their Enrollment Agreement
March 20, 2020: Enrollment contracts due for prospective families
- I'm unclear about part of the application. What do I do?
- Where do I mail the completed application?
- Where do I include information about my special circumstances?
- Can I still schedule a face to face meeting or phone call to discuss my personal situation?
- How do I know if my application has been received and is being processed?
- Is my information given to anyone else?
- Will FAST tell me how much assistance I qualify for?
- Can I ask for a review of my tuition assistance decision?
- Can I submit my enrollment contract if I have requested a review of my financial aid award?
- Help! I've missed the deadline. What do I do?
- I own a business and do not take a salary on a regular basis/at all. How do I provide this information on the application?
- Can I know how much tuition assistance I will receive before I apply to the school?
|Domestic Students||2019-2020 Tuition|
|Gurim Junior Kindergarten||$22,630|
|Lower School (Kindergarten-Grade 5)||$28,290|
|Upper School (Grades 6-11)||$36,280|
|Grade 12 (first semester)||$18,550|
|International Students - Non-Boarding||2019-2020 Tuition|
|Gurim Junior Kindergarten||$22,630|
|Lower School (Kindergarten-Grade 2)||$30,760|
|Lower School (Grades 3 - 5)||$32,400|
|Upper School (Grades 6-11)||$36,280|
|Grade 12 (first semester)
|International Students - Boarding||2019-2020 Tuition|
|Upper School (Grades 9 - 11)||$56,280*|
|Grade 12 (first semester)||$28,550*|
*Subject to change; please inquire with Admissions office.
|Special Fees 2018-2019 (for all students)|
|Application Fee (per student)||$100|
|Family Enrollment Deposit||$500|
|Parent Association Dues (per student, limit $60 per family)||$20|
|Student Tablet/Technology Fee|
|Textbooks (for all students)|
|Lower School||No Charge|
|Upper School (Grades 6-11)||$250|
|Upper School (Grade 12)||$125|
|Senior Capstone Israel Trip Fees||2019-2020 Tuition|
|Israel and Eastern Europe Programs||$14,000|
|Israel Program only||$11,000|
|Eastern Europe Program only||$3,000|
*Program cost includes airfare
|Transportation 2018-2019 (for all students)||Route Service||Shuttle Service (Intercampus or Metro)|
|Additional Riders (each)||$115||$365|
|Seniors||$1,040 (one semester)||$365|
In order to better serve our families and streamline our financial procedures, Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School partners with FACTS Management Company to manage tuition payments. You will enroll with FACTS along with submitting your enrollment application.
CESJDS offers three payment plan options:
- Payment by check in two installments:
30% due June 10
70% due October 10
- Payment by bank drafting:
10 equal monthly installments by direct debit on the 10th of each month beginning June 10.
- Tuition assistance application submitted:
12 equal monthly installments by direct debit on the 20th of each month beginning June 20.
See below for answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about tuition assistance. For questions related to FAST, please see the "FAST Application" tab for additional FAQs.
- What is tuition assistance?
- Does tuition assistance cover costs beyond tuition?
- Will applying for tuition assistance have an impact on the admission decision for my child?
- Can I apply for aid before I apply for admission to the school?
- Does CESJDS give merit-based scholarships?
- Is my application confidential?
- How does the school determine financial need?
- How much tuition assistance may I expect to receive?
- Is tuition assistance renewable each year?
- If I qualify for aid this year, will I receive aid the next year?
- I already have a full-pay child at CESJDS, but do not have the resources to pay for a younger sibling. What do I do?
- What if I lose my job?
- Can you help if my family experiences a major financial emergency?
- I am separated/divorced from my child's other parent. How do we access the tuition assistance program?
- We are two parents in a one-income family. How does this affect our tuition assistance package?
- What deadlines should I be aware of?
- What if I am unable to meet the deadlines for tuition assistance?
- I still have tuition assistance questions. Who should I contact?