Transportation Bus Operator (Part-Time)
Job Code: TO100
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School in Rockville, MD is seeking candidates for a part-time Transportation Bus Operator. Under general supervision, operate a school bus in transporting students and athletic teams to their destinations in the DMV area. Employees in this class are responsible for following an assigned route and schedule in the safe and efficient operation of a school bus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide professional, courteous, safe, and reliable transportation on a set schedule and routes for students and athletic teams.
- Ensure the safety of all passengers by following federal and state regulations, traffic laws and posted speed limits.
- Interact positively with, gain respect of, and maintain discipline over student passengers to ensure that behavior is controlled and not distracting to safe driving.
- Inspect the vehicle using a provided checklist at the beginning and end of their shift insure that the vehicle is functioning correctly.
- oNotify supervisor immediately if any discrepancies are noted.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Notify the supervisor if any unsafe conditions or road hazards are encountered.
- Fuel assigned vehicle as required
- Respond immediately to accident and/or medical emergencies by notifying emergency response provides.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors through GPS devices and cell phones.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current driver's license and good driving record
- Three years of successful automobile driving experience
- Strong commitment to the safety and well-being of passengers
- Arrive to work on time daily
- Ability to complete daily inspections and record observations
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Must be able to sit for long period of time in the bus driver's seat, reach the steering wheel and pedals, and wear the seat belt properly every day. Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed
- Shuttle bus or school bus driving experience preferred
- Must pass drug and alcohol testing Certification in First aid and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) procedures desired but not required
Qualified candidates should submit letter of interest and resume to www.cesjds.org/careers Job Code TO100.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.