Tier 2 IT Technician
Job Code: TH300
The Tier 2 IT Technician is the first point of contact for faculty, staff, and students seeking assistance with technology issues. This includes the support of various desktop and laptop models, local and network printers, and peripherals. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary responsibility is providing superior customer service and end-user support. Be available to users requiring technical assistance via e-mail, phone, and in-person. In conjunction with other internal IT support staff, provide first and second level technical support and troubleshooting desktop related issues, and network related incidents.
- Document and monitor service requests to ensure the issue resolution meets or exceeds the service level standard for tickets.
- Provide technical support for mobile devices (i.e. iPads, iPhones, Android devices and tablets).
- Respond to A/V requests, which include setup of laptops and projectors for presentations and displays.
- Work with Network Engineer and members of the IT department on projects such as network troubleshooting and hardware deployments.
- Other duties as assigned by the Interim Director of Information Technology.
- BA in Computer Science or a related field and 2 + years prior experience in IT. In lieu of degree, combination of directly related experience and/or education totaling 4 years may be considered. A+ certification required, Microsoft Office365 Certification required.
- Positive attitude with strong communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others.
- Solid problem solving skills. Ability to analyze, diagnose, and resolve issues in a timely manner while accurately and independently researching solutions.
- Ability to effectively manage every-changing workflow; prioritize effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- As the face of the IT department, own the issues, escalate when necessary and follow up to ensure maximum user productivity.
- Ability to translate technical terms into non-technical language
- Required experience with the following:
- Windows and Chrome OS installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Google Apps for Education Productivity Suite
- Basic printer troubleshooting/repair
- Ticket or case management system
Qualified candidates should submit letter of interest, resume and references to www.cesjds.org/careers Job Code TH300.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.