Job Code: TD100
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is looking for a technical director for its middle school musical for hire immediately. The technical director is a part-time position.
The technical director will:
- Design and construct the set for Rock of Ages: Middle School Edition, repurposing the set for the high school musical into the middle school set, striking necessary elements of the sets, and constructing/creating additional elements as needed, and/or repainting already existing pieces of the set
- Handle all matters related to lighting for the production, including refocusing lights, setting light cues (with the student lighting technician), and gelling lights as needed
- Attend all tech rehearsals and the invited dress rehearsal
- Troubleshoot problems with the set and lights during tech week and the run of the show
- Strike the set following the run of the show
Work hours are largely flexible and independent; they may take place during the school day or in the evening.
Dates of tech rehearsals are:
- Thursday, March 7, 4-6 PM
- Sunday, March 10, time TBD
- Monday, March 11 4-6 PM
- Tuesday, March 12, Invited Dress Rehearsal at 5 PM
- Wednesday, March 13, 4-6 PM
Dates of performance are:
- Thursday, March 14, 7:30 PM
- Sunday, March 17, 2 PM
The ideal candidate will have experience with sets and lighting and hold a BA. The school is also open to considering two candidates, one for sets and one for lighting.
Physical requirements include climbing ladders, bending, lifting, stooping, building sets, and operating construction tools.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and references to www.cesjds.org/careers include Job Code TD100.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.