Substitute Health Room Nurse
CHARLES E. SMITH JEWISH DAY SCHOOL
Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School (CESJDS) is the only pluralistic Junior Kindergarten-Grade 12 community day school in the Washington, D.C. area, and one of only a few in the United States. We are a welcoming, inclusive community united by our shared values and are seeking a substitute nurse who shares those beliefs.
We have two campuses located in Rockville, Maryland, less than 10 miles northwest of Washington, D.C and are seeking an "on-call" nurse to fill in for regular staff nurses. Each campus has one nurse, so this candidate could be a substitute on either campus.
The substitute nurse will be the on-campus health provider for grades JK-12. The school nurse has access to online medical records and treatment plans, if needed, for all students and is expected to administer basic medical treatment for illness and injuries and oral medications, if needed.
- respond to student accidents and injuries
- administer routine and OTC medications to students
- utilize Magnus Health electronic documentation system for recording health room visits
Candidates must be a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse and should have previous experience working with children in a clinical setting. In addition to possessing the requisite medical skills, candidates should be positive, nurturing people who enjoy working with children.
- Hold current Maryland State license as a Registered Nurse, or Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current certification in CPR
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of current practices for common childhood illnesses and chronic diseases:
- asthma management, diabetes, seizure management
- Computer skills
- Experience in pediatric and/or community or public health nursing
- Prior experience in school nursing, or acute care setting
Qualified candidates should submit letter of interest, resume and references to www.cesjds.org/careers Job Code NU400.The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law