Lower School Recess Monitor
Job Code: RM100
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School seeks qualified candidates to fill a part-time Recess Monitor position for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year. The selected individual will become a member of the School's Teaching Assistant Team and work the approximate hours of 9:30 AM-1:30 PM Monday through Friday.
This Recess Monitor position will be comprised of the following responsibilities:
- Supervise various outdoor and indoor sports games and activities during 1st-5th grade recess periods on a daily basis.
- Communicate with faculty member co-supervisors regarding recess assignments and game rules.
- Communicate with students' teachers, guidance counselors, and the Administration regarding student behavior issues, when necessary.
- Oversee set up, storage, and maintenance of recess equipment, communicating with the PE staff when there are equipment needs
- Respond to emergency situations, such as playground injuries, by initiating first aid procedures and sending word to the School Nurse. Collaborate with the Nurse on completion of incident reports and parent communication.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A high-energy and friendly disposition when working with children
- A working knowledge of recess sports and activity rules in order to be able to explain them to students and adjudicate them on the fields of play
- A calm, positive and proactive approach to behavior management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Physical Education, Camp Counseling, Coaching, or other relevant formal or informal education experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED required, college coursework or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Collaborative spirit and willingness to be a positive contributing team member
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and references to www.cesjds.org/careers include Job Code RM100.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.