Lower School Hebrew Language and Judaic Studies Teacher
Job Code: HJ100
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School seeks qualified candidates to fill anticipated openings for the position of Lower School Hebrew Language and Judaic Studies Teacher for the 2019-2020 academic year.
This position will require instruction in Hebrew language arts and various other disciplines of Jewish learning and teaching and will require an individual who demonstrates a passion for education and a palpable love for and warmth with children, while instructing students in the Hebrew and Judaic Studies curricular areas of Torah, Hagim/Jewish Festivals, and T'filah/Prayer. Candidates will possess the following skills in and dispositions toward education:
- a "whole-child" approach to teaching and learning that focuses on growth in academic, social-emotional, physical, and spiritual domains
- a progressive approach to education
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- strong classroom management skills
- skills to create an interactive and engaging learning environment for early childhood age children
- comfort with parent collaboration
- experience with integrating technology into teaching practice
- interest in partnering with colleagues within and across subject disciplines
- a commitment to fostering an inclusive and communal learning environment
- openness to professional reflection and feedback
- strong written and verbal communication skills, preferably in native Hebrew, and comfort communicating orally and in writing in English
A Bachelor's degree in Education or related field is required, with a Master's degree preferred and a minimum of three to five years' of successful, formal teaching experience in a public or independent school. Candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and references to www.cesjds.org/careers include Job Code HJ100.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.