Lower School Grades 2-3 General Studies Teacher
Job Code: GS500
Come join a committed, caring, talented faculty in delivering an exemplary and inspiring general and Jewish education. Together, we ensure a vibrant Jewish future through the growth of confident, compassionate thinkers who engage the world through Jewish values.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School seeks qualified candidates to fill the position of Lower School General Studies Teacher in grades 2-3 for the 2019-2020 academic year.
This teaching position will require an individual who demonstrates a passion for education and a palpable love for and warmth with children, while instructing students in the General Studies curricular areas of Reading, Writing, Social Studies, and Mathematics.
Candidates will possess the following skills in and dispositions toward education:
- a "whole-child" approach to teaching and learning that focuses on growth in academic, social-emotional, physical, and spiritual domains
- a progressive approach to education
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- strong classroom management skills
- skills to create a joyful, interactive, and engaging learning environment
- comfort with pro-active parent collaboration
- experience with integrating technology into teaching practice
- interest in partnering with colleagues within and across subject disciplines to plan and develop curriculum
- a commitment to fostering an inclusive and communal learning environment
- openness to professional reflection and feedback
Our reading and writing curricula are based in the practice of Reader's and Writer's Workshop and our math program is built around hands-on investigative units, also in a workshop environment. Candidates with experience in these methodologies are highly desirable.
Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education or a related field required, with a Master's degree preferred and a minimum of three to five years of successful, formal teaching experience in a public or independent school.
Click here for a glimpse of our faculty and the difference they make in students' lives and lifelong learning.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and references to www.cesjds.org/careers include Job Code GS500.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.