Lower School General Studies Assistant Teacher
Job Code: TG100
Come join a committed, caring, talented faculty in delivering an exemplary and inspiring general and Jewish education. Together, we ensure a vibrant Jewish future through the growth of confident, compassionate thinkers who engage the world through Jewish values.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is seeking a Lower School General Studies Assistant Teacher for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The assistant teacher assists the classroom teacher in creating an inviting, stimulating, and safe learning environment. Each assistant teacher is expected to contribute to a working environment that is friendly, respectful, open and honest. Assistant teachers collaborate with other teachers and classrooms, working together to share ideas and to develop joint projects and activities. Reflect the School's purpose of promoting a pluralistic Jewish environment.
- Assist the classroom teacher in preparing lesson materials; ensure that materials and equipment are available to support planned activities.
- Provide opportunities for students to practice and improve skills and activities that enrich instruction in the classroom.
- Assist individual and small groups of students in early literacy and mathematics instruction inside and outside of the classroom
- Generally support students in additional academic areas in order to:
- Develop skills in an area of academic growth.
- Reinforce learning concepts presented by the teacher.
- Facilitate mastery of skills.
- Provide, or recruit from other members of faculty or Administration, support for students demonstrating behavioral or other social-emotional needs.
- Supervise students in classrooms, hallways, cafeteria, school yard and on field trips.
- Manage student behavior and work with students in a positive, respectful and supportive manner.
- Attend faculty meetings and other meetings or professional development as established by the Principal.
- Assist in displaying student work in a way that is attractive and informative to visitors and promotes children's self-esteem.
- Support students with using technology in the classroom.
- Represent the School in a favorable and professional manner.
- Know the procedures for dealing with issues of an emergency nature.
- Other duties as assigned by the classroom teacher or member of the Administrative Team.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience and/or interest in developing skills with supporting students' literacy and math skills
- Initiative taker
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Work with students across elementary school grade levels
- Collaborative team player
- Patient, calm, and supportive in high intensity situations
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-3 years classroom or related experience
Click here for a glimpse of our faculty and the difference they make in students' lives and lifelong learning.
Qualified candidates should submit letter of interest, resume and references to www.cesjds.org/careers Job Code TG100.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.