Distance Learning Proctor/Teaching Assistant (On-campus)
Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is seeking proctors/Distance Learning Teaching Assistants for all grade levels in anticipation of bringing students back to on-campus learning in small groups during a hybrid model. Responsibilities include facilitating students' basic technology needs, ensuring that students follow social distancing procedures and overall safety guidelines in addition to general school policies, interacting in a professional and positive manner with students and colleagues, and completing daily tasks as needed including attendance. This position is for the 2020-2021 school year with the possibility, but not the guarantee, of employment beyond the school year.
There is the potential for both full-time and part-time schedules. Hours: Lower School 7:45 - 3:45, Monday - Friday (some positions may not be all five days/week). Middle School 8:00-3:55, Monday - Friday (some positions may not be all five days/week), High School 8:35 - 3:20 Monday - Friday (some positions may not be all five days/week). The Classroom Proctor/Distance Learning Teaching Assistant will be responsible for:
- Creating a warm, welcoming and safe environment for learning
- Facilitate classroom activities in the event a teacher is participating remotely
- Supervising students in person, in groups of 10-20 students, depending on the division.
- Manage classroom, including attendance and helping students adhere to physical distancing guidelines, health and safety protocols, and classroom expectations
- Interact positively and develop supportive relationships with students
- Aid with setting up basic classroom technology for remote students and teachers
- Supervising and engaging students during downtime
- Supervise students during lunch period, monitor hallways, bathroom use and recess, as well as other duties as assigned
Location: Lower School Campus at 1901 E. Jefferson St. Rockville, Maryland 20852
Upper School Campus at 11710 Hunters Lane, Rockville, Maryland 20852
Compensation: $14 per hour, benefits for employees who work 20 hours/week. Employees will be paid for the hours that they work and will not be compensated for school-designated closings including holidays, inclement weather days, professional days (unless asked to participate), or because of health-related school closures such as those in keeping with COVID-19 regulations.
Experience: High school graduate, college graduate with experience working with children preferred. Knowledge of Hebrew and Judaic studies preferred. Experience with GSuite, Microsoft Word, Zoom, and Outlook required.
Send resume and cover letter to HR@cesjds.org
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.