Associate Director of Information Technology
Job Code: IT100
Supervision: This position reports directly to the Director of Information Technology
Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Information Technology, the Associate Director of Information Technology is a member of the Technology Team and is responsible for assisting with the design, implementation, management, and support of all technical resources, which support business operations, and the mission of the school.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Director of Information Technology in the development and implementation of technology planning, procedures, policies and protocols;
- Contribute to identifying software, equipment and strategies to serve the educational and administrative needs of the school;
- Assist with recommending and providing technology professional development opportunities and training resources for faculty and staff;
- Provide input and guidance with regard to the integration of technology hardware and software into instructional programs which meet the teaching and learning goals of the schoo1;
- Play a key role in designing, installing and supporting LAN and WAN connectivity, including wiring, hardware and software;
- Assist with managing and supporting communication systems, including telephony and voice mail;
- Perform monitoring of system logs and alerts;
- Assist with scheduling and performing preventive maintenance of technology related resources including upgrades, patch management, backup and recovery testing and business continuity;
- Keep current with IT industry advancements and emerging technologies to assist with evaluation of their competitive or financial impact in education;
- Assist with maintaining, advancing and supporting Directory services, enterprise email, SSO, synchronization with Office365, GSuite, PowerSchool, Blackbaud, and all other cloud based or on premise applications critical to the day to day operations of the school;
- Assist with the planning, procurement, maintenance and support of computers, laptops, mobile devices, servers, storage, routers, switches, wireless access points and all other peripherals to ensure continued state-of-the-art performance levels;
- Be aware of and assist with keeping in compliance with all statutes and regulation for legal usage of technology and licenses;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
- Degree or equivalent experience with major coursework or extensive experience in Technology, Educational Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field;
- A minimum of five years' experience working in an IT operation;
- Experience working in an academic setting;
- Experience with Mac and PC platforms;
- Advanced technical knowledge, and experience with network installations; servers, switches, routers and firewalls, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair;
- Advanced knowledge of web standards, Internet protocols, search engine optimization; security threats, data processing, hardware, software, and hosted or cloud solutions, including email;
- Sitting for extended periods of time;
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computing equipment;
- Ability to lift and move boxes or equipment weighing 50 pounds or less
- Ability to read small print and computer monitors;
- Ability to work in spaces with high levels of noise and temperatures from servers and fans;
- Ability to work under pressure generated by the needs of the organization.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.