Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School
Job Code: CC100
The Accounting Associate is responsible for providing customer support to internal and external constituents on questions related to the business office and to assist in completing day to day accounting tasks timely, accurately and within established accounting procedures. This hands-on position reports directly to the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deposit checks and cash received though remote deposit or at the bank.
- Record student billing and credit card deposits in accounting software.
- Reconcile Merchant Bank Account monthly for Controller review.
- Record food service deposits in cafeteria software.
- Monitor accounts in cafeteria software and notify families of low balances.
- Process and send invoices for other billing including external catering and building rentals and follow up on payment.
- Maintain checklist of requirements from outside organizations and vendors including verifying the issuance of Certificates of Insurance.
- Track transportation enrollments and ensure that families are billed properly.
- Run budget reports for distribution to budget managers monthly and as requested. Respond to their questions about the reports and provide support documentation as needed.
- Process invoices for upload in accounts payable software reviewing them for accuracy, proper approvals and completeness.
- Act as the first point of contact in the business office and respond to business office related questions from school staff, vendors and families.
- Other projects as assigned.
- High school diploma and two years of experience working in an accounting office, preferably in a school
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and a high-level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to solve problems creatively
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required
- Proficiency with accounting software a plus
Please send resume and cover letter to HR@cesjds.org.
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.