Aligned with our core value of Tikkun Olam, Repairing the World, students in grades 6-9 participated in the Lehman Day of Service last week.
Students volunteered at 16 different organizations around Maryland and Washington, DC, where they had the opportunity to work with children, with senior citizens, with those living in poverty, with animals, and with the environment.
The organizations students volunteered at were:
- A Wider Circle
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School
- Charles E. Smith Life Communities
- Days End Farm Horse Rescue
- Earth Conservation Corps
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Homeless Children's Playtime Project
- Interfaith Works
- Leveling the Playing Field
- Montgomery County Historical Society
- Montgomery County Parks
- National Center for Children and Families
- National Mall and Memorial Parks
- Sherman Early Childhood Center
- SOME: So Others Might Eat
- Stepping Stones Shelter
Yasher Koach to our student volunteers!