The Lion's Tale recently won several student newspaper awards both locally and nationally. Through the National Scholastic Press Association it was awarded fourth place for a one page design. The award was for Ariella Kulp's cover design for the "Strings Attached" article. The Lion's Tale also received several awards from Baltimore Student Media, a contest run by Towson University. It serves as the biggest award for student journalism in Maryland. We received:
- First Place for Best Overall Web Publication
- Second Place for Best Overall Print Publication
- First Place for Best Page 1 Design for Ariella Kulp's '17 "Strings Attached"
- First Place for Best Video for Lily Daroff's (Grade 11) "A Closer Look: The Educational Support Services Program"; Reporting by Sabrina Bramson (Grade 10)
- First Place for Best Arts/Feature Story for Miriam Minsk's '17 "Bridging the Gap"
- Second Place for Best Sports Feature for Bennett Bramson's '17 "From Blue and Gold to (Big) Red"
- Second Place for Best Opinion Writing for Izzy Friedland's (Grade 12) "Yes, Teachers Should Share Beliefs"
- Third Place for Best Infographic for Miriam Minsk's '17 "Fixing Up the Lion's Den"
Congratulations to the Lion's Tale staff!