CESJDS students won a total of 10 best speaker awards at the Junior State of America Fall Convention.
Below are the 10 winners and topics:
- Sam Fingerhut: Resolved, the U.S. substantially reduces its foreign aid to Israel.
- Ari Gershengorn: Resolved, Judeo-Christian religious views are fundamental to American values
- Amelia Davidson: Resolved, the Mexico City policy be reinstated
- Matthew Wieseltier and Ilan Gasko: Thought talk: What is the future of the Republican Party?
- Jonah Loshin: Resolved, restricting certain arms threatens the legitimacy of the Second Amendment.
- Ethan Swagel: Resolved, Congress pass a bill protecting net neutrality.
- Ilan Cohen: Resolved, Zionism is beneficial to the world.
- Joey Shoyer: Resolved, NATO is necessary to promote global stability.
- Ezra Loeb: Thought Talk: Why are millennials so drawn to the values of socialism?
CESJDS ended up winning 17% of the total awards given at the convention with a little less than 7% of the students in attendance.
Congratulations to the entire CESJDS JSA team on a great conference!