The Lion's Tale Wins 9 Awards from Jewish Scholastic Press Association
The Lion's Tale won nine awards in the Jewish Scholastic Press Association's annual contest, including a tie for Grand Prize!
- Daphne Kaplan and Rochelle Berman for "Is Shalom hello or goodbye? Alumni make own choices about practicing Judaism." This article tied for Grand Prize with “How we got here” by the staff of The Boiling Point, the newsmagazine of Shalhevet High School in Los Angeles. This award includes a recommendation from the American Jewish Press Association for a summer internship at a professional Jewish news source. The article also won second place in the area of design.
- Addie Bassin and Jonathan Morris for their "QuaranTEENed" podcast series
- Jonathan Morris for the "Baking Brothers: Malkus twins run challah business" design and layout (pages 16-17)
- Addie Bassin for the "Kosher Conundrum: Off-Campus Eating" video
Four other articles were second and third place award winners, including articles by some of our newest staff members:
- “Award winning author, speaker and producer Marra Gad joins JDS assembly,” by Lielle Coombe
- “The Legacy of RBG: A look into an icon’s impact on the feminist movement,” by Sally Rogal and Jared Schreiber
- “Peace deals endanger Israel’s security,” by Matan Silverberg
- “Let’s talk about tznius – many students at JDS are uninformed about the rules of modesty in Judaism,” by Taylor Polonsky