Opening of the 2020-2021 School Year
Please find more information below on a number of areas pertaining to the reopening of school. Should you still have additional questions that are not answered in this FAQ, there is a form at the bottom of the page to submit an inquiry.
- What guides our decision on when, and in what way, to open school?
- Are there metrics available and being used to determine when it is time to transition to a hybrid model?
- What is the current recommendation by county health officials?
- What is the status and meaning of the Governor’s orders and Montgomery County recommendations for private schools opening in-person?
- Where can I find the proposed schedules for each division?
- What health guidelines must students follow while they are on campus for orientation and other outdoor activities?
- How was the November 1 deadline determined?
- How do JDS families feel about returning to in-person learning?
- How do JDS teachers feel about returning to in-person learning?
- What is the School’s plan for hybrid instruction?
- If the county’s recommendation changes before November 1, will the school change into a hybrid model?
- What has the School done to prepare for teaching under the hybrid model?
- Why is the School only offering in-person learning for Gurim and Kindergarten, but not other grades?
- Is JDS looking into opportunities to bring our children for supervision similar to what JCC is offering?
- Why can’t those parents who feel comfortable sending their kids to school for in-person learning do so?
- How will the School support ESS students while in distance learning mode?
- How can the School support the growing childcare costs that working parents have?
- How can the School support the growing childcare costs that working teachers have?
- Where can I submit additional questions?