From the Board President
As the proud parent of two students who are currently in high school, I can attest that CESJDS is an incredible institution. At almost 50 years old, it is the largest Jewish day school in the United States. More significantly, it provides a first-class secular and pluralistic, Judaic education that provides our students with the intellectual tools, analytical skills, and sense of values needed to succeed in the world.
The more than 20 members of the Board of Directors are committed to ensuring that CESJDS continues to provide a superior and accessible education to our children and to their children. The Board of Directors has the responsibility and authority to govern the School's affairs, including:
- establishing and fulfilling the School’s mission and policies;
- selecting and retaining the Head of School;
- protecting and strengthening the School’s current and long-term programmatic assets;
- providing for the School’s current and long-term financial integrity, including principal responsibility for setting annual budgets, guiding our development efforts, and establishing investment policies;
- maintaining sound relationships with all constituencies of the School.
The Board of Directors is comprised of a wide cross-section of the school and community that is appropriate for the pluralistic nature of CESJDS. Board members have children in every grade of the school, have children that have graduated from the school, have been students at the school, and have attended more than a dozen different synagogues and are involved in numerous other organizations in our community. Please click here to view the 2014-2015 Board roster.
Our Board, along with members of the faculty and staff, community members, and parents have recently completed a strategic planning process. Learn more about this exciting plan for our future.
Our website is just one way to learn about our school. I encourage you to set up a time for a personal visit as nothing can take the place of seeing our students, teachers, and faculty members in action. I look forward to another exciting, challenging, and fulfilling year at CESJDS.