From the Board President
As the proud parent of three students and a graduate from the class of 1984, I can attest that CESJDS is an incredible institution. At 45 years old, it is the largest Jewish day school in the United States. More significantly, it provides a first-class secular and pluralistic, Judaic education that provides our students with the intellectual tools and sense of values needed to succeed in the world.
The more than 20 members of the Board of Directors are committed to ensuring that CESJDS continues to provide a superior and affordable education to our children and to their children. The Board of Directors has the responsibility and authority to govern the School's affairs, including:
- establishing and fulfilling the School’s mission and policies
- selecting and retaining the Head of School
- protecting and strengthening the School’s current and long-term programmatic assets
- providing for the School’s current and long-term financial integrity, including principal responsibility for setting annual budgets, fundraising and establishing investment policies
- maintaining sound relationships with all constituencies of the School
The Board of Directors is comprised of a wide cross-section of the school and community that is appropriate for the pluralistic nature of CESJDS. Board members have children in every grade of the school, attend more than a dozen different synagogues and are involved in numerous other organizations in our community. Please click here to view the 2013-2014 Board roster.
Please feel free to contact me with questions or suggestions as they may come up. We look forward to another exciting, challenging and fulfilling year at CESJDS.
David H. Topol