Director of Marketing and Communications
Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School
Job Code: CM400
The Director of Marketing and Communication is responsible for leading, developing, and implementing the school’s full range of marketing and communications efforts, including public relations efforts. The Director is part of the senior leadership of CESJDS and reports directly to and is supervised and evaluated by the Head of School. As a senior leader at CESJDS, the Director is expected to role model, promote professional practices, and embody the values and mission of the School within the context of a pluralistic Jewish community. This position will oversee one marketing associate and potential future hires.
- Design, create, and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that incorporates all CESJDS audiences and stakeholders.
- Lead all marketing efforts, including but not limited to brand management, messaging, materials, social media, and outreach plans to advance the school’s strategic and operating objectives.
- Produce and publish all school internal and external print and digital communications, including newsletters, brochures, advertisements, letters, promotional materials, etc.
- Develop, implement, and oversee a communications protocol(s) for the School, faculty and staff, and administration.
- Develop and implement a social media plan that supports the School’s recruitment, retention, alumni, and development efforts.
- Develop and implement an advertising strategy for student recruitment and the school profile in collaboration with the Admission Office and Development Office.
- Maximize CESJDS’ use of its website to enhance communications and promote a strong sense of community among all stakeholders, attract new students, and raise the public profile of the School.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships within the CESJDS professional and volunteer community to ensure that all staff members utilize proper communication strategies, that messaging is aligned, and that opportunities to promote CESJDS are shared.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with local, specialty, and national media.
- Write and edit press releases, letters, articles, stories and backgrounders that promote CESJDS.
- Oversee all School Website and social media.
- Develop yearly “key messages” for the School based on the mission, strategic plan, and current initiatives.
- Train, educate, and serve as a resource for School faculty and staff on PR, marketing, and communications efforts.
- Supervise the Marketing Associate.
- Develop and manage departmental budget.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or commensurate experience.
- Five years' minimum experience in a progressively responsible professional marketing/communications role preferably in an educational or non-profit setting.
- Two years’ minimum experience writing business communications/online communications including demonstrated success building and expanding an organization’s presence in a variety of social media, and measuring the results of that effort.
- Passion for Jewish education and Israel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership/management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability and desire to write, produce and develop marketing materials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, desktop publishing and web-editing software.
Submit letter of interest, resume and salary requirements via fax 240-747-9231. Reference Job Code: CM400
The Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.